Furniture for the Food Technology Environment – High-tech ergonomic modular furniture, providing flexible learning environments
Modern Aesthetics and Classic Lines
Choose between Food Tech 1, designed along classic lines for schools and colleges who are looking for a more traditional feel. Or alternatively the modern aesthetics of Food Tech 2, style wise utilising a futuristic layout designed to inspire both students and teacher.
S+B modular systems designed and handmade in our manufacturing facility produce high quality units, that can be planned and installed rapidly with minimum disruption into any size or shape of area or room.
- Modular island and peninsular units, benching and storage systems which create the ideal technology teaching environment. This unique benching and storage system can help create a very flexible and exciting learning space.
- Exceptionally adaptable enabling all the key food technology disciplines to be taught and practised individually or simultaneously.
- The island units provide easy access to large work areas – ideal for teaching student groups.
- Units can be designed, combined, colour coordinated and, when necessary, relocated to suit any floor space, layout or space.
- Corian worktops in choice of colours provide exceptional durability, stain resistance, easy cleaning and excellent hygienic qualities – the perfect surface for food technology.
- Units can be linked to form continuous seam-free Corian surfaces including integral sinks.
- Other solid surface materials also available.
- Built-in electrical services provide safe, easy access for the connection of all appliances.
- All units and services are factory assembled and tested to comply fully with all relevant standards prior to installation.
- Mains services including gas, water and electricity can be planned in to avoid floor trenching or overhead trunking
Health & Safety
There are health and safety issues to consider when planning a room, such as safe working distances around cookers and sinks. Pupils will be more easily distracted and disturb each other when conditions are cramped and rooms have not been thoughtfully planned.
We offer a wide range of storage options to accommodate the utensils and equipment required for practical lessons. Space will be required for the storage of ingredients brought in by pupils and you will also need areas to keep coats and bags away from the practical area.
This innovative modular system combines the benefits of advanced materials such as Corian, Polylab, Trespa and Stainless Steel providing an excellent surface in food technology rooms where maintenance of hygiene and ease of cleaning are a major consideration.