The Octopod is highly space efficient and can more readily accommodate up to 32 students in smaller rooms than would be the case with traditional bench rows.
Designed to Perform
The Octopod – a British design now supplied extensively into schools world wide.
- Octopods can be grouped and arranged in different ways to suit student numbers, teacher preferred address position(s), room size and shape.
- Octopods promote group work and allow students to easily adjust sitting position to face in one direction for whole class address.
- Feedback has shown that over 90% of students would prefer a less formal, contemporary Science Laboratory design rather than a traditional, regimented, bench row furniture layout.
- Octopods facilitate generous circulation space and results in fewer non compliances with Health and Safety gangway recommendations than would be the case with traditional bench rows in smaller rooms.
- A popular configuration is the ‘bar bell’ layout. Two Octopods are connected to each other with a plain, single sink, or double sink link unit.
- Octopods easily facilitate more than one teacher address position and promotes modern pedagogy.
- Services can be carried through linked modules, which reduces any requirement for floor trenching and service delivery costs.
- Solid Surfaces such as Corian and Polylab provide a modern attractive, impervious and renewable worktop.
- Solid Grade Laminate such as Trespa provides a very hard wearing surface with a modern appearance.
- Tropical Hardwood such as Iroko provides a tough, durable and repairable worktop for those who prefer natural materials.
- Plastic Laminate provides a low cost option for areas such as Physics and Electronics where there is limited use of liquids and chemicals.